GAP OF INEQUITY
WE DO MORE THAN PROVIDE SOCIAL SERVICES. WE EQUIP OUR COMMUNITIES WITH THE TOOLS NEEDED TO THRIVE AND LEAD IN THEIR DAILY LIVES.
COR CDC values diversity, equity and inclusion as an essential part of our mission. We focus our work on developing the underserved communities because that is how we can build an equitable and strong social capital.
Increasing resident engagement and business value while empowering low income residents to look beyond their circumstances.
- Onsite resident programs
- Rental Assistance initiatives
- Financial literacy workshops
- S.T.E.A.M. based youth programs
- Ease of access to community resources
Equipping community members with the tools to ignite the change they seek and being the voice for the voiceless.
- Townhall meetings with community leaders
- Creating actionable collectives to bridge the gap of inequity
- Training community leaders on inclusive approach to policies and programming
- Open to All
Providing skill based workshops and access to capital for youth and adults with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Grades 9 -12
- Business Owners & Budding Entrepreneurs
- Quarterly 6-week programs
- Pitch competitions with investors
- Creating loan ready businesses
Focused on providing year round S.T.E.A.M based programs to minority students and exposing them to various career paths.
- Ages 9 – 17 grouped by grade level
- After-school programming & Summer Camps
- Character & Leadership Development
- Hands-on S.T.E.A.M. learning experience
- Cost varies per program
“COR CDC is committed to filling the
gap of inequity by economically
empowering marginalized communities and establishing engaged, strong, and inclusive communities.
With the effects of COVId-19 on our communities, this vision only got stronger.”
— JACKIE ROBINSION
Young Entrepreneur’s Academy Alumni